One of the constant battles on my journey is escaping the negative. I've had to find my happy medium. I've created a list of things that help me stay positive, hence my 10 tips to stay positive in life.
Staying positive in life has been one of the hardest things to do. I've had to do some drastic changes. I feel they are drastic because I have always been the peacemaker. I had to stop caring about what others thoughts about me to find some peace. I've always wanted everything to be happy go lucky and for everyone to get along. The reality is it weighs you down so much more than you hope and in the process you realize who really cared at all.
But staying positive in life goes beyond dealing with others. Sometimes situations lead us to a negative state and it is our power of decision that help us move forth... or not
I've decided to share 10 tips to staying positive. These have helped me but again this is a continuous battle for a person like me that is highly emotional. In no specific order:
- Read a positive quote a day to start your day and read it again at night to end your day.
- Surround your self with supportive positive people.
- Release yourself from negative minds or those that may cause put down even when it's family.
- Do things that make you happy Learn what makes you happy and choose to be happy!
- Listen to positive speakers YouTube has tons just type in Positive speakers
- Don't speak negative! Give attention to what is positive instead- There's a difference between venting and dwelling on the negative.
- When the negative comments or actions come near dismiss them Move on. Be the bigger person and just move on
- Journal. It doesn't help to talk to someone about it sometimes, especially that person causing pain. It does however, helps to release your emotions on paper, Write it out!
- Don't hold a grudge or plot revenge. It only continues to affect you.
- Meditate or give yourself space. Allow yourself some time to gather your thoughts and bring peace to yourself.
These are just a few of the things I do. I don't do them all the time and I don't do them all the time to just to stay positive. I believe that being consistent in what brings you peace will allow the positivity to also become consistent.